Recently, we took on the challenge to install a micro-market in our client’s upstairs break room. This was unique because most Los Angeles micro-markets are installed on the ground level. Our team had some concerns. The biggest concern was that we would have to haul large equipment up and down a flight of stairs. While we hadn’t done this before, we rose to the challenge. After all, we’re in the business of providing full-service refreshment solutions to Southern California businesses.
Here’s a sneak peek into what it took to install this type of micro-market.
Planning the Los Angeles Micro-Market Install
Our team carefully planned each part of the job to avoid any surprises or unknowns. We identified the following factors for the installation.
- Number of days it would take to complete the job
- A plan to dismantle the outdated break room
- Number of team members needed for the job
- Equipment needed for the micro-market
- Equipment needed to bring the micro-market upstairs
- Products to fully stock the market
- Safety of our team and the office employees
Most importantly, because we identified these factors before we started the job, we were able to plan a schedule and set the client’s expectations for the installation.
Our careful planning and preparation allowed us to complete the micro-market installation in two days. During the first day, our six team members carefully dismantled the old break room. Next, we brought in the new micro-market for installation. Our top concern during the installation was the safety of our team members and the office employees. Therefore, the team stayed in constant communication with one another to ensure all team members had specific assignments. We also made sure that all team members were aware of their surroundings, especially since the equipment was being moved up and down the stairs.
During the second day, we brought in all of the products. The office employees were delighted to see a wide variety of beverages, snacks, fresh foods, salads, breakfast items, and frozen foods in their new open-air marketplace.
Benefits of a Micro-Market to Los Angeles Employees
We are proud to have successfully completed this job for two reasons. Firstly, we gave the client a great alternative to traditional vending. Secondly, we met their demand for an upstairs install. Moreover, we know that our Los Angeles client’s employees will benefit from their new micro-market.
- Employees will be able to access a variety of refreshing beverages, delicious meals, and tasty snacks in their break room, thereby increasing productivity.
- Employees will have a gathering space to collaborate on projects, share ideas, and make connections.
- Increased satisfaction and overall office morale
- Support health and wellness goals for a healthy lifestyle
How Technology Plays a Role in the Los Angeles Micro-Market
Our client was especially pleased with the technology built into the micro-market, which means less work for them.
- Open 24/7 to accommodate employees throughout the entire day.
- Employees can use their mobile phones to make a purchase with the secure self-checkout kiosk.
- Product inventory is remotely monitored so we can re-stock the micro-market automatically.
- Micro-market is monitored by video so the office doesn’t need to designate anyone to watch the space.
This was an exciting request but we were up for the challenge. After all, it’s clients like this that help us continue to grow and learn as a company.
For more information about adding an office coffee service, micro-market, pantry service, or vending service to your Los Angeles break room, contact Premier VendGroup at 562-928-1301 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you!